Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A new beginning

Well, the news is out there but for those that don't know...I got laid off last week. On St. Patrick's day of all days. The company is not doing well and I was honest with our plans so they let me go. I am ok with it now that the shock has worn off a bit. I knew I was going to have to say good-bye at some point but I wasn't expecting it to be so fast. I got a few weeks severance along with the rest of my vacation and once that is up, I can apply for unemployment. I have never been on unemployment before. Actually besides the few months that we moved to the east coast 7 years ago, I have never not been employed. Its weird. I don't have to wake up to an alarm anymore or rush to get Jack out the door. I have to make my own coffee instead of drinking it in the office at my desk. Changes. As of right now, Jack is in day-care for the rest of this week and then I officially take over as a stay at home mom. This is a good thing..I get to spend more time with Jack and see our friends before we leave. I am using the time this week to finish painting the inside of the house and doing whatever else needs to be done to get it on the market. I think we can have it up by April 1st. Lets just hope that it sells quickly so that Jack and I aren't down here without Matt for very long.

On a side note...my cell phone number and email have changed. I don't want to publish either on this blog but you can use the "Email Us" link in the upper right hand corner to email me and I will send you my new cell number.

Stay tuned for some pictures from our MD trip.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...