Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

I just received an email from my Aunt in Alaska with some great pictures so I just had to share. These pictures are of my grandfathers grave site, decorated for Memorial day. Here is what my aunt says:

"Here are pictures I took yesterday at the cemetery when Danielle, her boyfriend, and I visited. It's not a fancy place, but Dad is resting near some trees in the Alaska he loved so much. The local VFW provided the larger flag and the cross. Eventually we'll cover the grave site with white rock or something else that's decorative. For now, the earth is still settling since the burial more than two years ago.
Thanks, Aunt Fern, for the idea of sharing such a special place.

Love to all, Dena"

We miss and love you grandpa!




Also thank you to all the past and present service men and women!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...