and it is getting a little easier. Easier to do the everyday things. Some things though, are still just as hard. I think about them every. single. day. They were part of our lives for 7 years, how can I not? I light their candles every day and tell them how much I love them. We laugh about memories and how silly both of them were. I cry every once in a while when my heart hurts. All there stuff is still here, I haven't been able to do anything with them. It took me about a month to just drive past the site where they were killed. Now, I just imagine them running free up in heaven and it helps. As Jack's
book says,
"God has sense of humor, so He makes His biscuits in funny shapes for His dogs. There are kitty-cat biscuits and squirrel biscuits. Ice-cream biscuits and ham-sandwich biscuits."
I can totally see Max eating those squirrel biscuits and Rory chowing down on those ham-sandwich biscuits. I miss them. A lot. I know its going to be a long time before any of that changes. So many memories here. Good ones and bad ones. I am trying to remember the good ones. Here is a quote that I think about when times get really hard -
No comments:
Post a Comment