Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sleep....where-o-where have you gone?

I remember the good ole days when you went to bed and actually slept until morning without waking up...I think that I have had maybe one full night of sleep in the past year. I know it will eventually get better but man this sucks! Jack was doing good for a while there...we had a few nights where he slept all night long (though I still woke up). Not anymore. Last night he was up every three hours screaming. What do you do then? I tried to let him cry but couldn't handle it. You could tell he was in pain. In pain from what you ask? One word...Teeth! I never thought that teething would be one of the hardest part of having a baby...it really sucks. Poor guy....you can tell he is in pain but there is only so much you can do for it. We have the teething tablets (that he only sometimes wants to take), we give him Motrin or Tylenol but those only sometimes work and then only for a short time. I have learned from my online friends of the Amber teething necklace. Amber is a natural anesthetic and supposedly works really great for teething. We have one on order and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it shows up soon. This not sleeping stuff does not do a body good!

Any other suggestions??

1 comment:

Andrea AKA Mina's Mama said...

Mina's sleep was terrible when she got her first teeth in. Are you alternating Motrin and Tylenol? That way you can give some pain relief medicine every few hours. Mina also liked sucking on ice cubes with a mesh feeder. Poor guy (and mommy).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...