Monday, September 12, 2011

Anna's 1 year appt

Today we took Anna to her 1 year check-up.  She now weighs 22.6 lbs and is 29 in long.  She is about 70% for weight and 50% for height which is good, it means she has slowed way down for her weight (she was about 98% before) and has gone up on her height.   She got a clean bill of health and the doctors kept commenting on how good she was.  She had her lead and hemoglobin checked and both were good.  She had to get 3 shots which sucked but she did really well.  We go back in 3 months for her next check-up.

Since Anna has turned one, she has decided that she wants to bite me every time she nurses.  This is definitely no fun for me.  She has been slowly weaning by not wanting to nurse very much at all during the day.  In fact up until today she had only been nursing at night and in the morning.  I tried a new tact tonight - I brought in a sippy cup with milk in it and gave her a choice of either boob or sippy.  At first she wanted the boob but then bit me and wanted the sippy.  I think this is a sign that she is done breastfeeding.  Its kind of sad because she is our last baby but I am also ready.  It helps that she has been slowly weaning anyway.  Its not so abrupt.  I have loved breastfeeding and will miss certain aspects of it.  My hope now is to help other mothers in their breastfeeding journey.

Tomorrow we head up to VA to get Jack's blood work done for the kidney biopsy on Wednesday.  Anna will be staying with a good friend and neighbor on Wednesday so she can nap and not be stuck in a small waiting room all day.  It will also let us focus a little bit more on Jack.   This will be the first time that we leave anna with anyone for longer than an hour and I hope she does good.  I know we will miss her.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...