Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A new med

Well we met with the doctor yesterday and got a prescription and some pee sticks.  She wants Jack on this med (a steroid) for at least 3 weeks and if he starts getting better, then he will continue the med for a total of 12 weeks.  He won't be on the same dose for that entire time, they will actually start to taper off how much he takes.  I also learned that once he goes into remission, there is a chance that it will come back but all we need to do is put him back on the medication and it should do its job again.  He should also grow out of this, she said that its rare for an adult to have this condition.  This is great news.  So now we wait to see if he responds positively to the medication and then go from there.

We started the meds tonight and I will try and remember to do a pee stick in the morning as our baseline.  I am going to keep a log of each pee stick so I can see when/if the protein is dropping.  Keep your fingers crossed for us...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...