they are two crazy and pretty great kids. Military life, family, friends and animals all shape our life. This is where I can write and rant about all of the above.
Monday, May 30, 2011
Getting it
Just when I thought that Potty Training was going to be the death of me, Jack has turned a corner. He is finally getting it. I am so proud of him. In the week that he hasn't been in diapers, we have had a few accidents a day, he wouldn't go pee while we were out, he always woke up wet and poopy and he wouldn't really tell me he had to go pee or poop unless he was naked. Needless to say that he has been naked a lot. LOL Anyway, so this morning he woke up and almost immediately said that he had to go pee. I took off his pull-up and he was totally dry. I was shocked. He took a huge pee and then looked at it very proud and said, its so dark. I just laughed and told him that it was because he held it all night long. He always poops in the morning so I was just waiting for him to poop in his pants (he insisted on putting them back on after going pee) but about 5 min later, he said I have to go poop and then went. I just smiled and congratulated him. All day he has gone without an accident, peeing outside and in and even going poop again. We went to our local theater to see Kung Fu Panda 2 and I put a pull-up on him since he isn't the greatest at going pee while we are out. Midway through the movie he tells me he has to go pee. REALLY? wow. So here we go - peeing on a public toilet. Its hard enough to go pee myself in a public restroom and now I get to do it with my 3 year old boy that is not tall enough to pee standing up without getting it all over. Fun times. I knew this day would come and let me tell you, I am very happy it did because it means that Jack is "getting it". I just hope that the things that happened today keep happening. I am so happy to not have to buy diapers for him anymore. Now to get him used to wearing underwear because lets face it, he can't go to preschool naked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment