As I sit here exhausted because Anna isn't sleeping, I am thinking it could be worse. My kids are healthy. I have a dear online friend that is going through something that no parent wants to ever have to go through She is holding her newborn daughters hand because she can't hold her in her arms. Her daughter is very sick and will undergo heart surgery tomorrow morning. She has a interrupted aortic arch, http://www.pted.org/?id=interruptedarch1. The success rate for the surgery is 80% so the outcome is a good one but we all worry about that 20%. My heart is just breaking for them and I feel so helpless because I can't do much to help. So yeah, my lack of sleep really isn't that important in the scheme of things. Gives me a little bit of perspective...
Please pray (if you are the praying type) for this family. If you don't pray, then send them all the positive energy you can. We need this little girl to make a successful recovery and be in the arms of her family soon.
Here is a link to their blog to read more, see pics and to follow their story... http://pittypittypatter.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment