This is such a hard post to write. It is so fresh and new and I am having a hard time not crying. I will start at the beginning...
Saturday I had been up in VA for some shopping and a baby shower. I had been gone all day long so when we got home, I put the dogs out front so they could get some air. My neighbor had invited us over so, like I had done a dozen times before, I left the dogs out front and went next door. We have an electric fence so I wasn't too worried about them getting out. I went back over to my house about 30-45 min later and realized that the dogs were gone. I immediately started to get worried. It was getting close to dark and I had no idea how long they had been gone. The other times they had gotten out, they had stayed close by or someone had picked them up and called. Myself and my neighbors looked until it got dark but we couldn't find them. I kept waiting at home in hopes that they would make there way back. I was also concerned because it had started to storm and Max is a big baby when it storms.
I kept checking the front porch throughout the night but they never showed up. We started the searching again in the morning but they didn't turn up. I posted an ad on craiglist as well to see if anyone had seen them. Nothing. The kids and I took a trip to the grocery store and went driving around some more. At about 2pm I decided to call animal control to see if anyone had reported them or perhaps they had picked them up. After talking to the officer on call and describing my dogs, he told me some horrible news. Rory had been hit by a car during the storm the night before. The worst had happened. I was and still am devastated. I guess she had been crossing the major road that runs to the side of our house (its just on the other side of some woods and there is no fence). It was close to midnight and very dark and Rory isn't that fast. The guy that hit her, helped her as much as he could and called animal control right away. It was just a horrible accident. No one had seen Max and as of right now, we still haven't found him. And now its storming and he hates thunder storms. I just hope that he is able to make his way home or someone finds him and calls me. I just can't imagine having to grieve for both of my dogs.
Please pray that we able to find Max soon. RIP Rory. You will be missed girl.
 |
| Max standing proud |
 |
| Rory getting some exercise. She was such a good girl |
 |
| This is was not long after we had adopted her |
 |
| they loved each other |
 |
| this really shows Max's great personality |
 |
| some Christmas fun. they hated those things too. |
No comments:
Post a Comment