Tuesday, June 14, 2011

RIP my friends

This post is a hard one.  Its been a really hard few days.  This was really the last thing I thought we would be going through right now.  We are supposed to be enjoying Matt coming home but instead we are mourning the loss of both of our dogs.

I received a call today from someone that had seen our flyer.  He told me that he thought Max had been hit by a car and was in the center median of the road.  When he described where it was, I was dumbfounded.  It was in the exact place that Rory got hit.  How could that happen?  Its just not possible, is it?  But in the end, it did happen.  It was Max.  My amazing neighbors went to look because I knew that I couldn't do it.  I just couldn't see him like that.  Matt left work and met them at the site along with the guy from the pet crematory.  He wrapped him in a blanket and took him off to be cremated with Rory.  They are together again.  That is really my only solace in this tragedy - they are together like they loved to be.  If you knew them, you knew that they were almost always together.  It was rare to see one without the other.  They loved each other very much.

I just don't know how to move past this right now.  I see their things around the house and their toys in the yard.  I keep opening the door waiting for Rory to run me over as soon as I open the door.  I feel sad for Jack too.  He won't be able to play with them anymore or run around the yard with Max.  He loved them.  He doesn't quite understand what is going on either - its not easy to explain to a 3 1/2 year old that his dogs will never come home again.  We just do the best we can I guess.

I also want to comment on the outpouring of love we have received from so many people the past few days.  Many prayers have been said and good thoughts sent our way.  Thank you to everyone.  It really means a lot to us to know so many people are thinking of us.  Most of you haven't even met Max and Rory though I am sure if you had, you would have loved them too.  They really were amazing dogs.

RIP my friends. I will never forget your wet kisses, your wagging tails and your loving eyes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...