Monday, June 13, 2011

Trying to stay positive

Max is still missing.  Its now been 48 hours since both dogs got out of the yard.  Both Matt and I are worried sick about him.  The hardest is not knowing if he is ok or not.  Is he hurting in a ditch somewhere and no one can see him?  Is he curled up on someone else's couch getting food and water?  Is he wandering the woods trying to find his way back?  Every possible scenario has gone through my head.  I am trying to stay positive - trying to send him as many get home vibes as I can.  Willing him to come back to us.  It is so quiet and lonely here without them.   Their dog bowls still sit on the floor.

Matt got home today and we are so happy that he is home.  Just to have someone to grieve with makes it a little bit easier.  Matt picked up Rory from SPCA and took her to a Pet Crematory to be cremated.  This way we can keep her with us for as long as we want.  It's some solace considering we weren't able to be with her during her final moments here on earth.  I miss her terribly.  She drove me crazy half the time but I would rather be dealing with her weird quirks than collecting her ashes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...