Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Staying Busy

That seems to be our motto lately - just stay busy.  It seems to be helping a little bit.  We are still very sad about the dogs but keeping busy is helping us to not dwell on what happened.  Matt picked up the dogs ashes on Wednesday and it feels better to have them in the house again.  Right now they are in a tin that has paw prints on it.  We are going to order an urn at some point in the near future with their names engraved on it.  Here is a picture of our tribute to the dogs...

Onto happier moments!  Fathers day was a good day, Matt slept in and I made him breakfast when he got up.  We then took the kids swimming and Jack had a great time with daddy.  They spent close to an hour in the pool after Anna and I left.  I wish I would have brought the camera with me.  :)  Jack is doing so well in the water, I guess those swim lessons are helping.

Yesterday we went with our neighbors up to Chicks beach in VA near Little Creek Naval Base.  We had a great time but Anna is still a little young to do the beach for longer than a few hours.  She got pretty restless at the end and I was worried about having her in the sun too much.  Jack had a great time though and barely stayed out of the water even though it was pretty cold.  He would come out with blue lips, get warmed up and go right back out.  We will for sure head back to the beach in the coming weeks but will probably stick closer to home.  :)
Jack enjoying the sand

She kept wanting to eat the sand
 Anna enjoying the sand
Declan and Jack
 Anna feeling the cold water
Anna and Delaney

Hopefully the coming days and weeks get easier and we are able to do more fun things together as a family.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...